Few people enjoy negotiating, even though it may be an important part of their job.
Fewer still have formal training in negotiation, yet we are expected to negotiate effectively with counterparts within and outside of our own organization.
Not only must we achieve good results for ourselves, we must do so while maintaining healthy, long-term relationships with our negotiating partners. Fortunately, anyone can learn to negotiate better outcomes.
A successful negotiation begins with preparation: gathering information, identifying interests and currencies of exchange, and creating options. It requires a working knowledge of essential negotiating principles such as anchors, concessions, compromise, ultimatums, and how to overcome a “no.” And it helps to know what the best negotiators do differently from the rest and develop those skills.
This practical and intensive one-day workshop was designed for people who must negotiate in a variety of settings.
Developed and facilitated by David Goldwich, an experienced lawyer and mediator, this program emphasizes the steps to prepare for negotiation and teaches specific, proven techniques for negotiating better outcomes.
It focuses on best practices that can be learned and implemented quickly, explained with humor and lots of stories. Participants will also have a chance to take part in negotiation simulations.
Who Must Attend
CEO, Chairman, President, Managing Director, General Manager, Sales Director, VP Sales, Head of Sales, Head of Business Development, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Team Leader, Sales Executives, Sales Representative, Sales Technician, Academician, Business Owner, Entrepreneur, self employed or professional who wants to develop their skills to become an effective strategic negotiator.
- Understand the elements of the “principled” negotiation approach,
- Know the four stages of a negotiation,
- Understand the pros and cons of making the first offer,
- Use anchor points to get more every time,
- Distinguish interests from positions and learn how to uncover hidden interests,
- Leverage on differently valued currencies of exchange to create value out of nothing,
- Understand the process of giving and demanding concessions,
- Know when to compromise and when to try for something better,
- Develop alternatives and a powerful Plan B so you cannot lose,
- Adopt a counter-intuitive approach to get better results,
- Learn how to overcome a deadlock,
- Frame issues to your advantage,
- Know the best practices of winning negotiators,
- Use an eight-step template to systematically prepare for any negotiation.
About the Speaker
David Goldwich, the Persuasion Doctor, teaches people how to become more influential, compelling, and irresistibly persuasive. He has MBA and JD degrees and practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, arguing before judges and political, government, and community bodies.
He knows how to persuade the toughest audiences. David speaks internationally and conducts workshops in negotiation, persuasive business presentations, storytelling for leaders and sales professionals, and other areas of influence and persuasion.
He is the author of four books, including Win-Win Negotiations: Developing the Mindset, Skills and Behaviours of Win-Win Negotiators, and his latest, Kickass Business Presentations: How to Persuade Your Audience Every Time.